QualSpec’s collaborative culture of processes, expertise and technology build the foundation necessary to protect your assets today and prepare you for tomorrow.
Our goal is to be a true business partner — not just a service provider — by developing technical solutions to our customers’ mechanical problems. These solutions ensure that the owner facilities are in compliance with the latest regulations and operating at the highest levels of integrity and on-stream availability.
QualSpec provides non-invasive evaluation of critical plant equipment using techniques ranging from visual inspection to advanced ultrasonic examination. For more information on our broad selection of conventional and advanced specialty services, please visit our Nondestructive Testing page.
Available with any of our other services, industrial rope access allows for nearly effortless admittance to difficult and awkward locations. Rope access provides an economical alternative to erecting scaffolding, resulting in significant cost savings. Best of all, in most cases the same rope access team that conducts nondestructive examinations is equipped to quickly retool and perform the needed maintenance or repair on discovery items.
Read a case study on how QualSpec used rope access to inspect and repair wharf piping over San Francisco Bay.
Code compliance inspections
- American Bureau of Shipping (ABS) marine requirements
- American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME) pressure vessel and piping codes
- American Petroleum Institute pressure vessel (API 510), piping (API 570) and tank inspection (653) codes
- American Welding Society (AWS) D1.1 structural steel welding code
- Certified Welding Inspector (CWI)/Certification Scheme for Welding and Inspection Personnel (CSWIP) services
- National Association of Corrosion Engineers (NACE) certified coating inspections
- American Society for Nondestructive Testing (ASNT) Level III services
- Condition assessment and preventive risk-based analysis
- Ground-penetrating radar (GPR) asset locating services
- GIS survey and mapping services for above-ground or underground distribution and transmission pipelines
- ILI follow-up inspections
- Turnaround inspection services – planning, management and inspection personnel